The DrumTrackHD Toolbar gives you permanent access to critical features that may be related or redundant with capabilities within DrumTrackHD's various panels.
Drum Kit Selection
- The current Drum Kit is permanently listed in the Toolbar display panel and can be changed by scrolling through the list with the << and >> buttons.
- You can also specify a Drum Kit by selecting the Drum Kit display, which opens the Kit Selection Panel shown below:
This panel allows you to choose new Drum Kits without having to scroll through the entire list and is particularly useful for switching kits during live sets.
- Touch and drag to scroll down the list of kits.
- Drum Kits listed with an HD label are new Drum Kits specifically released for DrumTrackHD, usually with 16 tracks, but you can access DrumTrack8's Drum Kits as well.
- For creating Custom Kits, see the Main Pattern Panel.
BPM (Beats Per Minute)
- Clicking on the BPM Button once will display the current BPM.
- The BPM button allows you to tap the rhythm your desired BPM, which will be displayed in Pattern Name display.
- The LEDs in the button flash to the current BPM when playing.
- Click and drag horizontally to adjust precisely the current BPM.
- The Swing slider allows you to add a certain percentage of swing to your beats. This basically shuffles the note values giving the patterns a different feel. The value is global, affects all tracks and patterns and is saved in the song.
- Shows the current levels while playing.
- Stop resets the pattern to the beginning.
Loop on Pattern/ Loop on Song
- Toggle between Play and Pause of either the pattern or the song, as determined by the Loop on Pattern toggle button below.
- Touch & drag up and down to change this switch.
- When on Pat., playback will loop on the current pattern, and the Pattern name will be displayed in the dialog to the right. (see below)
- When on Song, Play will loop on the entire song, and the Song name will be displayed in the dialog to the right. (see below)
Mixer & Pattern Buttons
- Displays the name of the current pattern or song, depending on the panel.
- Clicking on the display allows you to rename the pattern or song.
- Songs only: The File Open and File Save icons allow you to save and reopen songs in DrumTrackHD.
- Note: Contextual information may also displayed in this window (i.e. setting values, etc.)
- These 2 buttons toggle between the Mixer and Main Pattern Panels that, when opened, are located just below the toolbar.
Song, Automation, Fx & Pads Buttons
- These 4 buttons toggle between the Song, Automation, Fx and Pads Panels that, when opened, are placed just below the Mixer or Pattern Panel.
- Start the server on the iPad to upload samples for creating custom kits. (Main Pattern Panel for more information)
- Once the served is connected, you will get a confirmation:
Help & User Guide
- Clicking on the question mark (on the far right) opens DrumTrackHD's User Guide.